Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reviews on Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes and Covergirl Bombshell Volume mascaras


         
My lashes suck. I'm sure lots of women think that, but in my case, girl I ain't lyin. Theyre super thin, light(my natural hair is a dark dirty blonde) and they dont have even the slightest curl. So effin depressing. Hence where my addiction to false lashes began, literally can't leave the house without them, it's absurd. But on the days I don't feel like wearing a full face, falsies are just out of the question. I've tried EVERY mascara you can imagine, Too Faced Lash Injection(thumbs down), Benefit They're Real(meh), Every drug store brand in America, nothing gives me the look I'm going for. I want volume, length, and not something thats going to look like tarantula legs or Tammy Faye Baker.

     
I've heard wonderful things about Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara, the packaging is adorable but its about $4 more expensive than Lights, Camera, Lashes. I did a little(a lot) of research on it, like I do with every product I consider buying and I saw a video from Tarte on youtube. They were claiming 752% increase in volume. How do you even measure that? I had a store credit to Sephora so I decided to give it a shot. I got it home & immediately popped into my vanity chair, and ripped open the box. This mascara is so cute, gold snakeskin mascara tube? Yes please. In the video, she said to use the shorter side of the brush first, to deposit the mascara. Then use the longer, hard side to lengthen and seperate. The wand is shaped like a square so theres not just one short or long side. I started applying & the first coat goes on beautifully, not too thick and goopy. I have SUPER sensitive eyes, some mascaras burn or sting, this one doesnt hurt whatsoever. The second coat however, things can get pretty out of hand. My lashes got super thick, not too long. But if I continue brushing, they start to clump. They are noticeably thicker, but they're stuck together, soooo thats probably why. 
                           
       
                                                                   "short" side 
       
                                                                       "long" side
I'm sure going through them with a lash comb would help! Once dry, it doesn't transfer or flake. This definitely is a "statement" mascara. I wouldn't wear this for a natural or daytime look, this is totally a night out mascara! I do like it though, the difference is amazing so it definitely lives up to the hype.

       
       
Next up, is the Covergirl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast. It comes in a pretty big tube, which was off putting at first. It looks bulky and difficult to handle, but after trying it out, its actually pretty easy to maneuver. To apply, use the side marked "1" to volumize. It says to load on, so thats just what I did!! I applied 3 layers, and surprisingly enough, there was very little clumping. My lashes stayed seperated and there was an instant, noticeable difference. My lashes looked thick and long, even kinda curled! I was super impressed, for half the cost of the Tarte mascara, I was getting similar if not better results. The next step is applying the "2" side of the tube. The "1" brush is a plastic, thick comb like wand, while "2" is more of the classic, brush style wand. Step 2 "seals" the lashes for an extra black, dark all day finish. This is some of the blackest mascara I've used! I thought the second step would cause my lashes to clump, feel sticky like some of those mascaras that never dry or flake. I rubbed my eyes to test it out. No flakes, my lashes didnt wad up together and this stuff does not budge. It would be perfect for bridal makeup because the intensity of the black would show up great on camera, last all day and you can cry, this stuff isnt moving. The ONLY bad thing I can say about it is, it does. not. come. off. Man. I used Almay longwear & waterproof mascara pads, I'd have to rub super hard to get it off which I don't like to do to my eyes!! I've made it to 30 without destroying my undereye, ain't starting now. I tried Lush 9 to 5 cleansing lotion, I have to do it twice but it helps! And I have to use Fresh Farmacy face soap after to get it completely off. So the staying power is something serious. They actually say on the package that you can remove it with the covergirl brand eyemakeup remover though so maybe I'll try it! 
                         
So all in all, these are 2 pretty decent masacaras. For the price, I'd have to go with the Bombshell. it works great, and does what it says it will. So drugstore brand wins this fight in my book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment