Saturday, February 22, 2014

BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme Review

 
 
                        


The other day while surfing youtube, I saw BECCA cosmetics uploaded a video on their Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme. At first I thought it was a CC cream because of the name, but I later realized it was a full coverage foundation. I am all for full coverage, my skin is a little red and uneven so I love full coverage so I dont have to go in with loads of concealer. This foundation has super weightless feel to it which surprised me. Most full coverage foundations can feel heavy and cakey, but this is extremely light and breathable. Its formulated with 21% pigment and 22% water, most foundations only contain 5 to 10% water and 10 to 15% pigment! Its paraben, sulfate and phthalate free so its free of harmful gunk that can damage your skin and body. Its said to completely conceal imperfections, redness, hyperpigmentation and uneven texture. I say it depends on the means of which your putting it on. I use a damp beauty blender and it gives great, even coverage. I tried it with the BECCA One Perfecting Brush and while it did look airbrushed, it was pretty sheer. I had to build it up. And I tried it with a flat top kabuki brush(sigma F80) and it looked a little cakey. I had to blot with my beauty blender to even it out. I chose the color Nude, which actually may be a shade too dark for me, so for now I mix it with my Nars Sheer Matte foundation in Punjab and that seems to lighten it up a bit. Im going to keep the color and wear this during the warmer months when I dont look like the living dead. It says its supposed to be water and transfer resistant, Im sure thats when its worn alone. With powder over it, it can brush off on coat collars and tissue(Ive had the sniffles for a couple of days). I do have oily skin and tend to get shiny throughout the day, I can get 4 hours of wear and then I have to touch up my nose and tzone. But it never cracks or slides off my face which I love, nothing is worse than when your foundation splotches from putting on powder. I love having a super matte, porcelain face!!! But with the high concentration of water, I think it can be more of a dewy finish. Overall I'd say this is a great foundation, very lightweight, coverage is amazing, and its quite large for the price! Same amount as the Nars Sheer foundation, but about $10 less. This foundation is comparable to the Kat Von D lock it tattoo, but it is much lighter and more blendable. Sephora is the only retailer that sells BECCA so far, so thats where you can find this little gem!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment