Friday, February 21, 2014

My Absense

Hello my lovelies!!! Whether one or 100 of you read this, I felt compelled to explain why I've been gone a couple weeks! I was working for MAC, for a few months freelancing, and just never felt quite comfortable being pigeonhold in one brand. While MAC is a prestigious brand, I love ALL brands. When someone would ask, "What do you have on your brows?", I'd have to respond with a lie. I couldn't tell them how OBSESSED I was with Anastasia Dip Brow and Brow Wiz, or how I was wearing Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation. So I had to follow my heart. Hubs and I want to move to Providence in the spring, and while I wanted to wait to apply, I thought maybe I shouldn't wait, an opportunity could be present now. So I went on Instagram and asked a couple girls what their opinion was on working at Sephora. I LOVE Sephora. I'm a VIB Rouge, I'm there like twice a week. I love the diversity in products, the return policy is amazing, the staff is so warm and funny. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about working here, the education is amazing, training is very in depth, gratis, close knit teams. All which wasnt a part of MAC, I received zero training and was praying for a 15 hour permanent spot along with 4 other freelancers. I applied at Sephora in Evergreen and Westfarms and hadnt heard back. I called and they weren't neccessarily hiring, just accepting apps. So I looked for other sephora's in CT, and the GORGEOUS store at The Shoppes at Farmington Valley popped up. They were hiring for all positions! I promptly filled out an online app for Cashier and Beauty Advisor and I got a call yesterday for an interview today. I was asked a few questions about availability, experience and was asked if I could attend an interview at 3 on Friday(today). I had to gather up a small portfolio and my resume. I immediately printed up some pics of makeup Ive done recently and put together a nice little portfolio. I was so excited!! So today I got ready, Smokey eye(Vice 2 palette), flawless face(NARS sheer matte and BECCA U.C.C.C.), Dip brow brows, Urban Decay lips, I was so excited to use my actual collection of makeup, not just my MAC stuff!!! I dressed in all black(she didnt ask us to, but I figured I'd look the part!). I had a group interview with another girl, Rebecca, so sweet, she was auditioning for skin care so neither of us felt threatened and very at ease. Tammy was such a sweet, funny and genuine woman! You can tell she really loves her store and staff. The interview was about 45 minutes, she told us all about the education, advancing in the company, promos, and it all sounded amazing!!! I dont have to bust my butt for a year to get hired permanently?! I get a brush belt of my own?! And a discount?! AND GRATIS?! I'm in! So after the interview, she invited us back for a demo in a week in a half(after she returns from boston for training). I'm so excited and I PRAY I get this. I can truly see myself learning and growing with Sephora and making it a lifelong career. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment